Last Updated: 24th September 2021
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s, or mobile device’s, hard drive through your Web browser. Cookies are often used by websites to save where you left off and to remember useful information like your login details.
Cookies on our website, and any of our other domains, are used for a variety of different functions. Broadly speaking there are four types of cookie that can be summarised as:
- Strictly Necessary cookies – These are used to ensure that the website delivers you information and services optimally. This particularly ensures that you are not treated as a new visitor on every single page you visit
- Performance cookies – These are used to allow us to understand the performance of our websites. They provide information on the number of users on our website, and how users use our services. This is vital for us to understand how we can improve our offering, and therefore your experience.
- Targeting/Advertising cookies – These record your visit to our website, the pages that you visit and any links that you click during any session. This information then may be used to display online adverts more relevant to your interests.
- Functionality cookies – These improve and enhance your use of the website. This may be by remembering your consent to previously load something within the website.
Cookies we use may include the following:
- _fbp – This Facebook pixel cookie helps deliver advertising to people who have already visited the website when they are on Facebook, or Facebook-powered services. It expires at the end of the session, or after 2 hours of inactivity.
- _ga – This Google Analytics cookie renders a unique ID for this user to enable statistical data on interactions you have with services across our platforms. It expires 2 years after the last recorded session for that unique ID.
- _gat – Used to limit the number website request rates to help load times. It expires after 1 minute.
- _gid – An alternative to help distinguish users using the service. It expires after 24 hours.
- FANZO (JESSIONID) – This is a session cookie to preserve your user state across all pages you visit in that session. It expires as soon as you end the session.
- ADS/GA-AUDIENCES – This enables Google Ad Words for the ability to advertise to you as a user from other websites. It expires at the end of the session.
Opting Out and Managing Cookies:
You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser to select which cookies you would like to disable or activate. You can do this at any time. It is important to note that if you do disable some, or all, cookies this may affect the quality of your browsing experience.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
More information can be found here .
Changes and Contact:
We may change, or update this policy at any time. Any such changes will be posted to this page.
Any questions you have regarding this cookies policy should be sent to [email protected].